CIAP provides access to a number of databases which enable NSW Health staff and students on placement to conduct literature searches. These include:
* Medline (Medicine | Nursing | Dentistry | Preclinical Science)
* Embase (Biomedical | Pharmaceutical | Health Policy | Nursing) - particularly strong for European content
* Emcare (Nursing | Allied Health)
* PsycINFO (Psychology | Education | Behaviour)
* Proquest (Nursing & Allied Health)
* PubMed (US National Library of Medicine - open access records)
* Maternity & Infant Care
* Lit Search (Lowitja Institute) (Aboriginal and Torrres Strait Islander focus)
CINAHL Complete is an authoritative nursing and allied health database containing full text for many of the most used journals found in the index. Access via Athens - SWSLHD CLIN Libraries' subscription
Medline is the US National Library of Medicine's premier bibliographic medical database that contains more than 28 million references to journal articles in life sciences. Articles are indexed with Medical Subject Headings (MESH) which enable sophisticated and precise searches.
Includes books and journal articles relevant to medicine, nursing, allied health, psychology, health management and administration and public health. Access via Athens - SWSLHD CLIN Libraries' subscription.
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection is an essential full-text database for psychologists, counselors, researchers and students. It provides hundreds of full-text psychology journals, including many indexed in APA PsycInfo. It offers particularly strong coverage in child and adolescent psychology and counseling.
New Library website
Have you tried our new CLIN Libraries website - our improved one-stop shop to search across all the Libraries’ and CIAP’s online resources?